Monday, May 6, 2013

Travel Tuesday: Boy Scout Camp 1947


Here are a couple of postcards that my Dad sent home to his family when he was at Boy Scout Camp in June, 1947. He was twelve years old.



Dear Family,
I received your letter and was very glad. I am having a grand time; I am sleeping right under Terry Shaw and when he squeaks the bed I punch him. We have been having wet weather today but I believe it will clear up. We have a big boy sleeping with us. He is 19 years old. Love, Jimmy A.



Hi Cuties,
I am going to be seeing you  in a few days. I am doing fine. I might break out whith poision ive or poision oak but Terry doesn't thing so. Goodbye for now. love, Jimmy A.

Loving the postmark on the first card: "Build your future wisely, safely. U.S. Savings Bonds" and the 1 cent stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment